Even or odd?
To practice determining if a sum will be even or odd
Play in pairs, one player is EVEN, the other player is ODD
• Each player rolls a number cube and records their addend with E for even and O for odd. The examples shows 6 (E) and 5 (O).
• Without finding the actual sum, players determine first whether the sum will be even or odd.
• Find the sum and check!
• Whenever a sum is odd, the ODD player gets a point, when the sum is even, the EVEN player gets the point.
· Roll 12-sided dice (or dice-in-dice!)
· Explain your strategy . . what’s the rule?