Play in pairs
· Take turns tossing a number cube.
· Players decide to move the number of floors UP, or the number of rooms forward.
· If the number rolled will take a player past room 99, the player must go back that many room or floors.
· The winner is the first player to land exactly on room 99.
To develop estimation skills and practice adding and subtracting with 2-digit numbers on the Number Line Hotel
Modification for beginners:
• Roll two number cubes, player must use one cube for moving up floors, and one for moving up rooms. (+10s and + 1s)
• Record all moves in number sentences.
• Go one by one than jump up-over-back or use a number cube with only the numbers 1 - 3, Use a larger sized chart
Modification for challenge student:
Use two dice to go further or make bigger jumps, Make the hotel go beyond 100, Write the number sentence for each turn