Welcome to EDC's Think Math! Information Exchange
Check out the newest links below!
Browse the most popular pages on mathematics content and teaching
<--- Browse by topic, using the sidebar.
Featured links, articles, and presentations
- NEW! Why do we need standards for Mathematical Practice?
- NCTM 2013 Denver PowerPoint presentation: Babies, Brain Science, and elementary school math: research we can use
- Common Core State Standards Mathematical Practices for Elementary School
- Download PowerPoint presentation on the Rationale and Method of Skill Practice
- Articles on young children's thinking.
- Why are puzzles such a powerful tool in a mathematics class? See Tracing the Spark of Creative Problem-Solving, Benedict Carey, Dec 6, 2010 NY Times.
- "Forget what you know about good study habits" Link to Benedict Carey's Sep 6, 2010 NY Times article on study habits and learning. Think Math! was designed based on the principles of "spaced" and "mixed" practice described in the article, which cognitive and brain science long known to be strong advantages to learning.
For information about piloting or purchasing Think Math!, visit School Specialty Math.
For information on Think Math! professional development workshops and events, visit EDC's Curriculum Program.